Heffernans Funeral Directors is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Heffernans Funeral Directors in relation to the information we collect about you.
Who are we?
Heffernans Funeral Directors is a family run business committed to offering a comprehensive and compassionate service, to those who have suffered a bereavement and require the expertise and professionalism of a competent funeral director, to attend to their every requirement in a dignified and sensitive manner.
Should you have any queries in relation to data protection, we can be contacted directly by phone: 046 943 8662, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect your information
Personal information is anything that can identify you as an individual. This includes, but is not limited to, name, address, contact information, photographs, online identifiers. We collect your personal data by phone, email, post or when we meet you.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal information. However, if you do not, we might not be able to carry out the services you have requested of us.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
Heffernans Funeral Directors will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
We process your data:
- because you have consented to our processing of your data
- to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject
- to perform the service you have requested of us, or to take steps, at your request prior to us providing our service to you
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as to inform you of changes to our services or to provide you with information about other services we offer
In any event, Heffernan Funeral Directors are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose.
Who we share your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Heffernans Funeral Directors while dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to include:
- Third party service providers (e.g. musicians, priests/clergy, civil celebrant)
- IT service providers that assist us with our internal IT issues
- Payment service providers that process your payment information on our behalf
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies (if there is a legal reason to share your data with them)
If we transfer personal data to a third party, we will ensure the recipient has provided the appropriate safeguards and observe security and privacy obligations as least as stringent as those set forth in this privacy notice.
Data subject rights
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, your rights include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. We will store your data for as long as we provide services to you and for a period of no less than six years beginning on the date we archive your file.
If you are dissatisfied about the way we handle your Personal Data, please contact us. We will do our best to address your concerns swiftly and resolve any issues you have. You have the right to complain to the Office of the Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23. www.dataprotection.ie Tel.: +353 (0)761 104 800. Mail: email@example.com