Some families prefer a non-religious or civil funeral, both of which we have experience in arranging. These personalised services are designed by the family with or without the assistance of a civil or Humanist celebrant and can be held in our Funeral Homes.
A civil service can include religious content whereas the Humanist service does not. However, both usually include music, poems and personal tributes to the deceased.
Niall and/or Aidan will meet with the family to discuss their wishes for the Funeral Service of their loved one to an agreed and acceptable budget. All requests, where practicable, are adhered to.
- Liaise with the hospital, nursing home and/or doctor re removal of loved one to our Funeral Home
- Care of, preparation and presentation of the deceased (e.g. clothes to be worn)
- Guidance on using our Funeral Home or other location for civil/Humanist service
- Assist the family with wording of death notice for RIP.ie, nominated newspaper and radio (if applicable)
- Planning and supervising all aspects of funeral and burial/cremation services, including co-ordination of agreed arrangements with civil celebrant, cemetery and crematoria
- Arranging music
- Preparation of grave side, including canopy and seating where appropriate
- Provision of floral wreaths
- Payment on behalf of the family of all third-party charges and fees (e.g. payment to celebrant, purchase of plot, cremation charges etc)
- We offer a complete selection of coffins and urns including eco range
- Repatriation to and from Ireland
- Exhumation and re-interment services
The cost of arranging a funeral can be of great concern to those assuming this responsibility. Heffernans Funeral Directors offer assistance in deciding on a funeral which conforms to the wishes of the family and is within their particular budget.
Here for You When You Need Us Most
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you’ll always have someone to talk to. Together we can create a completely unique and personalised service.