In Ireland, the traditional funeral includes a church service followed by burial or cremation. Heffernans Funeral Directors will assist and guide the bereaved family with all the necessary arrangements to ensure their loved one has the church service they would have wanted. Niall and/or Aidan will arrange for the family to meet with the celebrant to discuss their wishes for the Funeral Service.
The cost of arranging a funeral can be of great concern to those assuming this responsibility. We offer assistance in deciding on a funeral which conforms to the wishes of the family and is within their particular budget. All requests, where practicable, are adhered to;
- Liaise with the hospital, nursing home and/or doctor re removal of loved one to our Funeral Home
- Care of, preparation and presentation of the deceased (e.g. clothes to be worn)
- Guidance on using a Funeral Home, having a wake at home, removal to the church on the evening before or the morning of the mass/service
- Assist the family with wording of death notice for RIP.ie, nominated newspaper and radio (if applicable)
- Planning and supervising all aspects of funeral and burial/cremation services, including co-ordination of agreed arrangements with clergy, cemetery and crematoria
- Arranging music for the church including selection of hymns
- Preparation of grave side including canopy and seating where appropriate
- Provision of floral wreaths
- Payment on behalf of the family of all third-party charges and fees (e.g. donations to church, purchase of plot, cremation charges etc.)
- We offer a complete selection of coffins and urns including eco range
- Repatriation to and from Ireland
- Exhumation and re-interment services
For more information on how we can assist you to plan ahead for your funeral, call us to make an appointment to discuss your wishes in the strictest of confidence.